Android – Unable to resolve target android-8
When importing android project or creating/changing the resource file (R) the “unable to resolve target android-8′” problem can pop out.
I’m familiar with two solutions for this problem.
The first solution should work for everyone.
The reason I shared the second solution was because I was new to android at that time so I made a lot of newbie mistakes , so this was the creative solution I found .
My Solutions :
The first solution is :
- Rebuild the project in eclipse:
- make sure there are no other problems instead of ‘unable to resolve target android-x’
- Uncheck the Build Automatically under the Project menu.
- Hit Clean under the Project menu.
- Hit Build Project under the Project menu.
This solution didn’t work for me because I imported my Android project in another way.
The second solution is :
- Reimport the android project using the :
- File -> Import ->Existing Android Code Into Workspace
thanks to this post on stackoverflow
a short post but I hope it helped some of you